For the fifth year in a row, Nusenda Credit Union, one of the state’s largest credit unions with more than 170,000 members, was named by its employees as a “Top Workplace” in New Mexico by the Albuquerque Journal and WorkplaceDynamics.
For the fifth year in a row, Nusenda Credit Union, one of the state’s largest credit unions with more than 180,000 members, was named by its employees as a “Top Workplace” in New Mexico by the Albuquerque Journal and WorkplaceDynamics.
Credit Union employees also recognized President/CEO Terry Laudick, for his leadership in the newspaper’s “Special Awards” category.
Since 2012, WorkplaceDynamics has partnered with the Journal to distribute the employee survey. Results are based on a strict technique that showcases employers that carefully craft a positive workplace culture and cultivate employee engagement. In all, 75 New Mexico organizations, which employ almost 31,000 workers, agreed to participate in this year’s survey.
More organizations than ever made this year’s Top Workplaces list – 45 out of 75, which is five higher than 2016. Also this year, 17 newcomers made the list.
Nusenda Credit Union employs more than 500 New Mexicans. In 2016, the employee retention rate was 83.61%, saving members money in onboarding and training expenses. In total, Nusenda employees received 12,306 hours of in-house training, ensuring they have the most up-to-date information and resources to help its members.
Nusenda Credit Union’s award-winning, family-friendly policies and benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for the employee and family members at gold-level health reform standards; as well as “MD Live” telemedicine with local, board-certified doctors by video or phone 24/7.
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings accounts. HSA’s come with employer-provided financial contributions.
- Free employee assistance counseling for employees and immediate family members.
- 100% employer-paid life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and accidental death/disbursement insurance.
- PTO accruals from first day of hire; nine annual paid holidays; as well as medical, critical illness, and bereavement leave.
- Free employee wellness program promoting healthier employee lifestyles that lead to decreased monthly insurance premiums paid by employees.
- A free, on-site fitness center and discounted memberships at area gyms.
- Tuition reimbursement for full- and part-time employees.
- Free, on-site personal development training sessions, as well as career-path counseling.
- 401(k), employer-matched retirement plans and a 100% employer-paid pension plan.
For more information about Nusenda Credit Union and to view career opportunities, visit https://www.nusenda.org/careers.