In recognition of National Financial Literacy Month, Nusenda Credit Union is showcasing a series of free, open-to-the-public workshops, webinars, and money management tools focusing on financial knowledge; along with promoting open enrollment for the May 5 Lemonade Day geared toward youth entrepreneurship.
Workshops, educational courses, tips to help New Mexicans build strong financial foundations featured; Financial Innovator Award unveiled
In recognition of National Financial Literacy Month, Nusenda Credit Union is showcasing a series of free, open-to-the-public workshops, webinars, and money management tools focusing on financial knowledge;
along with promoting open enrollment for the May 5 Lemonade Day geared toward youth entrepreneurship. Additionally, the Nusenda Foundation is rolling out a new award aimed at celebrating those in the community who foster financial well-being in New
“Solid financial capability is one of the most important skills people will learn in their lifetime,” said Terry Laudick, CEO of Nusenda Credit Union.“Through our financial literacy programs and community partnerships, we are helping New Mexicans build a strong financial foundation for their families, which in turn improves the overall economic future of our state.”
- Nusenda is partnering with the Rio Grande Educational Collaborative to host Albuquerque’s fourth annual Lemonade Day, which helps children and young teens build entrepreneurial skills through the time-tested tradition of operating a lemonade
stand. Seven area Nusenda branches will have stands on-site on Saturday, May 5. Learn more and sign up at Lemonade Day in Albuquerque.
- Financial Workshops: In partnership with the Albuquerque/Bernalillo County Public Library system, Nusenda is holding a series of free workshops. Additional information can be found at The Public Library page.
- Predatory Lending: Saturday, April 21, 2 p.m., Cherry Hills Library, 6901 Barstow NE, Albuquerque.
- Identity Theft: Tuesday, April 24, 6:30 p.m., Central & Unser Library, 8081 Central NW; Wednesday, April 25, 6:30 p.m., Tony Hillerman Library, 8205 Apache NE; Thursday, April 26, 11 a.m. , North Valley Library, 7704-B Second St. NW; and
Friday, April 27, 11 a.m., Los Griegos Library, 1000 Los Griegos NW.
- There are also free workshops in April at Nusenda’s Training Center, 4100 Pan American Freeway NE, Albuquerque:
- Understanding Mortgages Today, Wednesday, April 18, 6 p.m.; and Build Your Retirement Income, Wednesday, April 25 at 6 p.m. Sign up at our Workshops page.
- Webinars: Nusenda also hosts free monthly webinars. April’s topic is Psychology of Spending, held Tuesday, April 10 at 11:30 a.m. and Thursday, April 19 at 6:30 p.m. Sign up here.
Nusenda Credit Union will also share daily financial tips in April with its Facebook and Twitter followers on topics such as savings, credit, education, and personal finances.
Lastly, the Nusenda Foundation is rolling out its new Financial Educator Innovator Awards, which intends to showcase those in the community who are dedicated to increasing economic mobility and stability for their fellow New Mexicans. Information and nomination forms can be found at nusendafoundation.org.
For more information about all of April’s financial literacy events, visit our Financial Literacy page.