Credit union also recognized for leadership, and for being one of seven businesses ranked in top 50 since award inception.
For the sixth year in a row, Nusenda Credit Union, the state’s largest locally based credit union with more than 185,000 members, was named by its employees as a “Top Workplace” in New Mexico. This year, it also took the No. 1 spot in the medium-sized company ranking, based on a survey conducted by the Albuquerque Journal and Energage, formerly WorkplaceDynamics.
The credit union also received the Direction Leadership award in the medium-size business category, and was recognized for being one of only seven companies ranked in the top 50 since the award began in 2012.
“This recognition is based on employee feedback, which shows that our focus on our employees is well-received,”
said Nusenda’s President/CEO Terry Laudick. “Our goal is to ensure that benefits and programs allow employees to reach their full potential, professionally and personally.”
Survey results collected by Energage (formerly WorkplaceDynamics) are based on a strict technique that showcases employers that carefully craft a positive workplace culture and cultivate employee engagement. In all, 79 New Mexico organizations, which employ 14,269 workers, agreed to participate in the survey.
Nusenda Credit Union employs more than 500 New Mexicans. In 2017, the employee retention rate was 84.23%, saving members money in onboarding and training expenses.
The credit union’s employees in 2017 also led a more resolute effort to be community partners in the areas the credit union serves. At Nusenda’s inaugural Community Day, 210 employee volunteers (43 percent of Nusenda’s workforce), devoted their October federal holiday to be of service in five community organizations in Santa Fe, Albuquerque, and Socorro. In addition, the organization is launching new initiatives in 2018 that allows employees even more ways to give back to the communities where they live, work, and play through volunteerism and public service.
Nusenda Credit Union’s award-winning, family-friendly policies and benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for the employee and family members at gold-level health reform standards; as well as “MD Live” telemedicine with access to board-certified doctors by video or phone 24/7.
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings accounts. HSA’s come with employer-provided financial contributions.
- Free employee assistance counseling for employees and immediate family members.
- 100% employer-paid life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and accidental death/disbursement insurance.
- PTO accruals from first day of hire; nine annual paid holidays; birthday holiday; as well as medical, critical illness, and bereavement leave.
- Free, evidence-based employee wellness program promoting healthier employee lifestyles that lead to decreased monthly insurance premiums paid by employees.
- A free, on-site fitness center and discounted memberships at area gyms.
- Tuition reimbursement for full- and part-time employees.
- Free, on-site professional development training courses, leadership courses and programs, job shadow opportunities, and employee development events featuring nationally recognized speakers. Several courses and programs are offered in partnership with the University of New Mexico and Central New Mexico Community College.
- 401(k), employer-matched retirement plans and a 100% employer-paid pension plan.
For the last two years, Nusenda has also been named a gold-tier, “Family-Friendly” business by Family Friendly New Mexico, a statewide project developed to recognize companies that have adopted policies that give New Mexico businesses an edge in recruiting and retaining the best employees.
Nusenda has also received the Albuquerque Journal Readers' Choice Award for the best credit union in Albuquerque for four years running.
For more information and to view career opportunities, visit https://www.nusenda.org/careers.