Michelle Dearholt honored as “innovator, motivator, and game changer” in employee health and wellness.
Nusenda Credit Union Chief Retail and Performance Officer Michelle Dearholt has been recognized as one of 100 national Well-being 100 honorees by HEALTHCARE ЯEVOLUTION®, a consortium of worldwide healthcare, workplace benefits, and medical tourism organizations.
Dearholt received the award at the HEALTHCARE ЯEVOLUTION world convention Oct. 30 in Orlando, Florida, from the Corporate Health & Wellness Association, in conjunction with Corporate Wellness Magazine. She is part of an elite group of human resources, wellness and/or benefits professionals, consultants, agents, and brokers who “make wellness happen” for an organization, according to award officials.
Fellow recipients are from corporations and organizations such as Target, Aon, Indiana University, PepsiCo Inc., American Airlines and Delta Airlines, Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Hallmark Cards Inc., and L.L. Bean. Thrive Global, a corporate and consumer well-being and productivity platform led by Huffington Post founder Arianna Huffington, was the award’s corporate sponsor.
Michelle has spent nearly 20 years in organizational development in the financial, retail service and distribution, and manufacturing sectors; 17 of those years are with Nusenda Credit Union. She is a University of New Mexico Anderson School of Management alumna, and currently serves as a board member for the UNM Anderson Alumni Council and the Family Friendly NM Leadership Council.
In October of this year, she added chief retail officer to her title and now also oversees Nusenda’s branch service delivery operations, including its call center and investment services departments.
Nusenda’s numerous employee awards, such as Albuquerque Journal’s Top Workplaces, Albuquerque Business First’s Healthiest Employers, gold-tier Family Friendly Workplace designation from FamilyFriendly NM, and Credit Union Journal’s Best Credit Unions to Work For, spurred the Well-being 100 recognition.
“At a time when employers need to hone in cost-effective strategies to improve the health and well-being of their employees, Well-being 100 Awards seeks to sift through the white noise and shine a spotlight on the real success stories,”said Renée-Marie Stephano, President of the Corporate Health and Wellness Association and Editor in Chief of Corporate Wellness Magazine. "People are truly making a difference that will create more high-performance organizations."
“Michelle has been instrumental in leading the charge in providing benefits and programs that allow employees to reach their full potential – both personally and professionally,” said Nusenda Credit Union President/CEO Terry Laudick.
Nusenda Credit Union’s family-friendly policies and benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for the employee and family members at gold-level health reform standards; as well as MD Live telemedicine, which allows employees and family members to speak with local, board-certified doctors by video or phone 24/7.
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts. HSAs come with employer-provided financial contributions.
- No-cost employee assistance counseling programs for employees and immediate family members.
- 100% employer-paid life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and accidental death/disbursement insurance.
- Immediate PTO accruals from first day of hire, nine paid holidays yearly, and paid birthday leave; as well as critical illness, bereavement, jury/voting, and medical leave.
- No-cost employee wellness program designed to promote healthier employee lifestyles; achieved goals decrease monthly insurance premiums paid by employees. Nusenda also offers a complimentary, on-site fitness center, and discounted memberships at area gyms.
- Tuition reimbursement for full- and part-time employees.
- No-cost, on-site personal development seminars and training sessions, as well as career-path counseling.
- 401(k), employer-matched retirement plans, plus a 100% employer-paid pension plan.
- Family-friendly and fun holiday parties, group picnics, and more.