- Open the Google Wallet app .
- At the bottom, tap Add to Wallet .
- Tap Payment card.
- Any cards you saved to your Google Account are shown.
- Tap New credit or debit card.
- To add a card, use your camera or tap Enter details manually.
- At the bottom, tap Save.
- Read the Issuer Terms and tap Accept.
- If you’re asked to verify your payment method, choose an option from the list. Learn how to verify your payment method.
Tip: After this step, you should get a message that your card was added and is ready to make contactless payments in stores, online, or in apps where Google Pay is accepted. If you get a different message, learn how to troubleshoot.
After you add a card, you might find a small transaction on your account from Google Wallet. This transaction checks that your card and account are valid. This transaction will soon disappear and doesn’t affect your balance.