Credit union employees are eligible for a competitive benefits package, including insurance coverage equivalent to a gold level under health care reform standards (weekly hour minimums may apply to some benefits). See below for a list of our health and wellness benefits:
- Medical insurance — Cigna Healthcare Plan available to you and your family members.
- A free telemedicine benefit — MDLIVE is available to you and your immediate family, allowing you to speak with local board-certified doctors by online video or phone at any time, 24/7.
- Dental insurance — Delta Dental Plan is available to you and your family members.
- Vision insurance — Eye Med Plan is available to you and your family members.
- Flexible spending account — We allow up to the legal maximum for tax savings on eligible medical and child-care expenses.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance — Eligible after 6 months; fully paid by the credit union.
- Life insurance — Coverage of $25,000 in your first year. After one year of employment, coverage increases to three times your annual salary; fully paid by the credit union.
- Supplemental Life Insurance – You may purchase additional life insurance for yourself up to three times your annual salary, spousal coverage up to 50% of your life insurance amount, and dependent life insurance of $10,000 for each child.
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance fully paid by the credit union.
- Employee assistance program — Free counseling services for you and immediate family members in your household.
- Nusenda — Healthiest Employer awards 2013 to present
- Wellness program — At the start of each year, we provide a customized program designed to promote a healthier lifestyle. The program includes the choice of a heart monitor or activity tracker to track exercise, a personal coach, nutritional education, and an online portal to view and track progress for yourself and the organization. Participation may lower medical insurance premiums.
- AFLAC products are also available for purchase.
Credit union employees can receive up to 6% of their salary toward retirement, including a 100% employer-funded pension plan! See below for details:
- 401(k) plan with employer-matching contributions — You can begin contributing the first of the month following your date of hire!
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan — 5% of your annual salary is added to your pension account each year – fully funded by the credit union! Eligible after 1 full year of service and 1,000 hours. Full vesting at just 3 years of service.
The credit union offers generous paid time off programs. Please see below for details:
- Paid time off (PTO) — PTO accruals are based on years of service and accrual begins immediately. Fifteen days are accrued in your first year and increase up to 28 days per year!
- Holidays — We observe nine paid holidays per year.
- Birthday off — It's your holiday! Enjoy!
- A total of 25 days paid time off is available your first year of employment!
Other leave programs available to employees are:
- Critical illness leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty/legal/time to vote
- Medical leave
Beyond the Basics
In addition, the credit union will also provide employees with:
- Tuition reimbursement — Up to $3,000 per year for full-time employees; up to $1,500 per year for part-time employees.
- On-site fitness center at the Albuquerque Administrative Center, free to all employees!
- Discounted membership at Defined Fitness, plus $5 employer-paid contribution toward your monthly membership fee.
- Annual flu shots — Free for employees.
- Personal Computer Assistance and Business Clothing Assistance — These two reimbursement programs are available to employees at 0% interest. Business Clothing assistance is available Day 1!
- Employee Referral Program — Good people know good people; you can get up to $300 for referring a new employee we hire!
- Fun stuff — We have holiday parties, group picnics, personal development days, and more!