Paid leave, health and economic support, diversity and inclusion, and community investment among distinguished offerings.
For the fifth straight year, Nusenda Credit Union, the largest credit union in New Mexico with more than 230,000 members, has been recognized as a New Mexico Family Friendly Business Award by Family Friendly New Mexico for its workplace policies.
Nusenda earned the “platinum level” distinction based on high scores for paid leave, health and economic support, work scheduling, pay equity, diversity and inclusion, and community investment strategies and policies.
“At Nusenda, we believe that healthy and happy employees can better take care of our membership and community,” said Nusenda Executive Vice President of Operations Michelle Dearholt. “We invest in a holistic, award-winning benefits portfolio so that our employees have the best in healthcare, education, retirement, family, and wellness plans.”
The Family Friendly New Mexico initiative offers training, support, and resources to businesses on how to implement more family-friendly policies; provides recognition to companies that offer their employees family-friendly benefits; and acts as a resource and clearinghouse of information for businesses and community leaders as they develop policies on issues such as paid family leave and childcare assistance.
“As we grow the state’s economy, we have the opportunity to be a national leader in offering New Mexicans workplaces that help companies attract and keep the best workers,” said Giovanna Rossi, founder and director of Family Friendly New Mexico. “Implementing family-friendly policies can be a simple, concrete investment a company can make to ensure it can compete for highly qualified employees. Studies have shown that costs associated with creating family friendly benefits are more than made up for in improved productivity, employee morale and employee retention. We are happy to recognize Nusenda Credit Union as a leader in implementing family friendly policies.”
Nusenda Credit Union’s family-friendly policies and benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for the employee and family members at gold-level health reform standards; as well as “MD Live” telemedicine, which allows employees and family members to speak with local, board-certified doctors by video or phone 24/7.
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts. HSA’s come with employer-provided financial contributions.
- No-cost wellness and employee assistance programs, personal protective equipment (PPE), and an employee hardship grant program.
- 100% employer-paid life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and accidental death/disbursement insurance.
- Immediate PTO accruals from the first day of hire, nine paid holidays yearly, and paid birthday leave; as well as critical illness, bereavement, jury/voting, and medical leave.
- Free, on-site fitness center and discounted memberships at area gyms.
- Hybrid and fully remote working options, technology reimbursement, and Flexible scheduling for parents and caretakers.
- Discounted child care program with a local provider.
- Tuition reimbursement for full- and part-time employees; computer and clothing assistance.
- Free, on-site and online personal development training classes and programs, as well as career-path counseling.
- Employee development events featuring renowned speakers on topics of personal and professional growth
- 401(k), employer-matched retirement plans, plus a 100% employer-paid pension plan.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Family-friendly and fun holiday parties, group picnics, and more.
To learn more about Nusenda’s family-friendly benefits and employment opportunities, visit https://www.nusenda.org/about/careers.