As a member of Nusenda Credit Union, you can rest assured that your personal, business, and financial information is protected according to the highest standards in secure online banking and privacy protection. We implement multiple layers of security above and beyond state and federal standards.
Security measures included in your Nusenda Credit Union membership:
- Constant monitoring of your Nusenda Credit Union credit card and debit card accounts for suspicious activity, including calling you to verify purchasing information or blocking your accounts to protect you from fraud.
- Third-party evaluations of our security systems, including identifying new ways to enhance your data protection.
- Fraud loss protection, thanks to Visa's Zero Liability Policy.
- Fraud resolution services, including case file creation, victim statements, fraud affidavits and more through VRS Elite Fraud Resolution Services.
If you think your personal financial information has been compromised, contact us immediately at 505-889-7755 (or 800-347-2838 outside the Albuquerque area).
Protect Yourself with Mobile and Internet Banking
Protect Yourself Against Online Fraud
- Be aware of common online scams. Your financial institution will never ask you to provide confidential information (your account number, debit card PIN, Social Security number, name, address, password, etc.) in emails or text messages.
- Scam emails, texts, and calls are often written to pressure you to respond. If you receive a message like this, delete it and contact us directly.
- Avoid opening attachments in unexpected emails.
- Avoid using the same password across multiple accounts.
- Create strong passwords with at least eight characters, including a combination of mixed-case letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Change your passwords frequently.
- Never share your user name and password information.
- Do not use account numbers, your Social Security number, or other account or personal information when creating account nicknames or other titles.
- Take interactive, educational quizzes and watch videos about identity theft, phishing, spam, and online shopping scams at onguardonline.gov.
Speed through your online shopping with Visa Checkout, a digital wallet service. Enter your account information once, then access it easily and safely at participating online retailers and restaurants with one click on the Visa Checkout button on any of your devices.
And it's not just a faster, easier way to pay. Instead of giving your card information to a retailer, Visa Checkout sends a unique code. That means that even if payment systems are compromised or hacked, your card number is protected. Sign up by going to Visa Checkout and following the prompts.
Verified by Visa
Shop online with confidence when you enroll your Nusenda Visa credit or debit card for no-fee in Verified by Visa. Through a secure authentication process, your identity is confirmed with a personal password that you choose to tie into your card. So when you shop at a participating online merchant, you'll enter your information as usual. When you submit your order, a Verified by Visa window will open. Simply enter your password, then click submit and your purchase will be on its way! Your transactions are secured through password verification.
Protect Yourself Against Phishing
At the Anti-Phishing Working Group website, you can see a list of phishing scam emails and websites to help you identify phishing attempts and avoid being scammed. You can also report phishing incidents there.
Always bear in mind that reputable financial institutions and service organizations never ask for any personal credit card or financial information via email, nor do they provide links within emails asking you to do so. Do not respond to these emails or give out any personal information.
Protect Yourself Against Computer Viruses
See the latest virus threats at the Symantec website.
Protect Yourself Against Card Skimming
- When you use an ATM, look for any signs of tampering, particularly around the area where you insert your card.
- Try to move the card reader. If it moves, do not use it.
- Look around the ATM area for places where a tiny camera may be hidden.
- Cover your hands when you enter your PIN, or shield the keypad. It's one of the easiest and most effective way to protect yourself from a hidden camera.
- Use ATMs strategically, looking for machines with the highest amount of public visibility.
- Monitor your account carefully.