Attend Your Credit Union’s Annual Meeting
Nusenda Credit Union will hold its 84th Annual Meeting on Tuesday, April 28, 2020. This is your best opportunity to hear about your financial cooperative’s performance during 2019. Please join us at the Sheraton Uptown, 2600 Louisiana Boulevard NE, Albuquerque. Registration will begin at 5 p.m., the meeting will start at 6 p.m. Light refreshments will be served.
The Nominating Committee has submitted the following members for the vacancies on the Board of Directors:
- Ann Brooks, 3-year term. Ann Brooks has served on the Nusenda Board since 2007 and served on the Supervisory Committee from 2002 to 2014. She earned a Bachelor and a Master degree in Accounting from the University of New Mexico. Ann earned the National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions (NAFCU) Certified Volunteer Expert (NCVE) in 2016 and earned the Credit Union Executives Society (CUES) Certified Credit Union Director (CCD) in 2014. She has been an Accounting Principal Lecturer at the University of New Mexico’s Anderson School of Management since 2002, and was a part-time instructor at Central New Mexico Community College for 20 years. In addition to teaching accounting, Ann provides financial, cost management, corporate governance, strategic and operational consulting services to governmental, not-for-profit, and private entities.
- Leigh Anne Chavez, 3-year term. Leigh Anne Chavez is a lawyer and currently serves as Recycled Metals Prosecutor for the New Mexico Regulation and Licensing Department. She has served on the Nusenda Board since 1994, and earned the NAFCU NCVE credential in 2019. She received her Bachelor degree in English from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas; her J.D. from the University of California, Los Angeles; and is currently working on her Master degree in Accounting at UNM.
- John Landis, 3-year term. John Landis is the Senior Team Member/Inventory Analyst with Stryker Orthopaedics. He has been on the Nusenda Board since 2015, and served on the Supervisory Committee from 2004 to 2018. John holds a Bachelor and Master degree in Business Administration from UNM. He earned the NAFCU NCVE in 2016.
The board members serve without compensation. Parties interested in filing nominations by petition are required to adhere to these pertinent Credit Union bylaws:
- Nominees must be members in good standing.
- Nominees must submit a petition containing the signatures of no fewer than 500 Credit Union members.
- Petition samples can be obtained from Nadine Waslosky at our Administrative Campus: 505-889-2523.
- Each nominee’s petition must have a statement of qualifications and biographical data that includes the member’s name, account number, and birth date. Each nominee must also submit a signed statement indicating that he or she is agreeable to nomination and will serve if elected. Noncompliance with these rules may invalidate the petition.
- The nominating petition must be addressed c/o Secretary of the Board, 4100 Pan American Fwy. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107, and be received by the close of business on March 12, 2020.
- If no nominations are submitted, the Nominating Committee’s selection will be elected by general consent. No nominations will be taken from the floor unless unforeseen circumstances create a vacancy on the ballot.
- In the event a petition is submitted, upon verification, the election will be conducted in-person at the Annual Meeting. The Supervisory Committee shall act as tellers of the election.
- Meetings of the members will be conducted according to Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised. No motions are permitted from the floor of the annual meeting.