Protecting your Visa card information online.
Visa has developed a program, Visa Secure, that helps confirm your identity when you make an online purchase. This service helps make shopping online more secure by protecting against unauthorized use of your Visa card.
Whether you’re using a desktop, mobile or other digital device, you may be guided through an additional check to verify your identity. This helps your issuer know you’re really you, and it better protects you from fraud.
Your credit union credit card provides you with convenience checks that look like and are accepted as regular checks, but your purchase or payment is charged to your credit card account.
Use Convenience Checks to:
- Consolidate higher interest-rate accounts
- Send a gift
- Access your line of credit
- Make a down payment on a new car
You can request checks at any time:
- New Accounts — You'll receive a supply of convenience checks shortly after you open your credit union Visa® credit card account.
- On Demand — While your credit card account is in good standing, you can request additional convenience checks at any time.
- Credit Line Increase — Members who use their credit card account responsibly will periodically receive a credit limit increase and additional convenience checks.
Convenience checks can be written up to the available limit in your credit card account.
To request convenience checks, call our Card Services Department at 505-889-7755 (800-347-2838 outside the Albuquerque area).