Coronavirus (COVID-19) FAQs
Are your branches open?
Beginning Monday, May 18, lobby service will resume at select branches. Additionally, we have extended service hours at our drive-ups, phone support, and are offering phone appointments with Financial Consultants. View branch availabilities.
How can I access my account or deposit funds without going into a branch?
We have implemented a comprehensive plan to provide uninterrupted access to your funds. Our service hours at our drive-ups, and through phone support, have been extended and we are offering phone appointments with our Financial Consultants.
- Drive-up services in Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Taos, and Los Lunas will be extended from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Financial Consultants are available by phone:
- Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, Santa Fe, and Los Lunas will be available by phone 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday – Friday and from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Taos and Socorro Financial Consultants will be available by phone from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Thursday and from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. on Friday.
- Phone support is available from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturdays.
- You can also access your accounts 24/7 through Mobile and Internet Banking services or at an ATM.
I own a business. Can I go through the drive-up to get change and make deposits?
You may use the drive-up to make deposits for your business. Unfortunately, we are unable to exchange coins for cash in the drive-up. You can request various denominations of currency, however, drive-up cannot accept or dispense coin. If you need coin, please visit one of the branch lobbies that are now open.
Can I still withdraw cash?
Yes, cash withdrawals can be done via drive-up, at a branch lobby that is now open, and at CU Anytime ATM locations.
Is there a limit on cash withdrawals at the Drive-Up?
Yes, the normal drive-up limit is $10,000. If you need to withdraw more, you will need to contact us to make a cash order request or visit a branch lobby that is now open.
How do I close a loan?
You can schedule an appointment to speak with a Financial Consultant who will transmit documents electronically. You can also visit one of our branch lobbies that are now open. We highly recommend that members use the Make an Appointment tool prior to visiting a branch.
I lost my job/got laid off. Do you have ways to help me?
We are offering a number of ways to help our members through this difficult time.
- Currently, we are not charging a fee if you use an ATM from another financial institution (they may still charge fees, however).
- We are offering a skip-a-pay option on your Nusenda credit card payment for the month of April.
- We are offering payment relief on auto, personal, and equity loans.
- Members who qualify can take out a zero-percent temporary relief loan to weather the financial burden of missing work or needing extra supplies.
- We are offering ways to help make your monthly mortgage payment. Learn more about the ways we can help you find a solution.
How do I avoid COVID-19 email scams?
Be skeptical about any unsolicited emails you receive during this time regarding the coronavirus. For more information on avoiding fraud, please see our security alerts page.
Are my finances secure at the credit union?
Your deposits are safe at Nusenda — insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith of the United States Government through the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
Your Credit Union continues to remain safe and sound; in its latest rating, we again received the highest five-star rating from BauerFinancial Inc., the nation's most well-respected independent rating service for banks and credit unions.
As a member-owned, not-for-profit cooperative, we do not invest in risky securities. Instead, we make sensible loans to qualified borrowers, and we manage our operations conservatively and responsibly in the best interest of our members.
If you would like to discuss your needs with a Financial Consultant, we can make an appointment. Thank you for your continued membership.
What precautions are you taking physically during COVID-19?
For the health and safety of all of our members and staff, we have increased our efforts and focus on keeping our branches clean and sanitized, with each branch designating an employee dedicated to this effort. Branch employees will be cleaning frequently touched surfaces more often, including doorknobs, teller windows, desktops, phones, handrails, Video/Interactive/Automated Teller Machines, and coin counters. Also, you may notice employees wearing gloves in order to lessen their exposure risk. In order to reduce the risk of transmission, we are no longer providing pen holders with pens available for members to share. Please let a branch employee know if you require a pen to complete your transaction; you’ll be able to take it home with you when your transactions are complete.
What transactions can I complete in the drive-up?
You can currently complete the following transactions in the drive-up:
- Cash Advances
- Bonded/Cashier Checks
- Statement Copies
- Temporary Checks
- Non-Member Check Cashing (on-us checks). (Will require management approval, valid ID required, second form of ID requested for checks over $1,000.)
What transactions can I complete by phone appointment?
You can complete the following transactions through a Phone Appointment Only:
- Stop Payment for a Cashier/Bonded Check.
- Fraud or Forgery claim on a deposit account.
- Savings Bond Redemption. (You will need to complete the bonds, determine pay out method, and drop them off at the drive-up. A Financial Consultant will follow up when the transaction is completed.)
- Open an Account (existing member). (New memberships will need to be completed online).
- Safe Deposit box. (Access existing box.)
- Instant Issue/Card Replacement (credit/debit). (A Financial Consultant will print the card and deliver it to you via the drive-up.)
Which services are currently unavailable?
Members must wait until normal branch operations resume to process the following:
- Shared Branching
- Gift Cards
- Rolled Coin Requests
- Coin Exchange (coin machine)
- Safe Deposit Box (opening a new box)
- Medallion Stamp/Signature Guarantee