Coronavirus (COVID-19) FAQs
Why are you reopening some branch lobbies?
Protecting our members, employees, and community from the spread of the COVID-19 virus is our top priority. We understand the last few months have not been ideal — the pandemic has created a challenging time not only for you, but also our employees, who are experiencing many of the same challenges — remote work, family illness, balancing childcare, and trying to help their kids learn from home.
Throughout 2020, we worked to expand member services though extended call center and drive-up hours, reallocating staff resources, and offering guidance on how Mobile and Internet Banking services work. However, we understand that oftentimes, nothing replaces a face-to-face visit. At this time, we are carefully and strategically reopening some of our lobby branches. We’re looking forward to seeing you — and thank you for your patience and support during longer waiting times.
Which branches are going to have open lobbies?
When Nusenda made the decision to open select branch lobbies, several things were considered — including safety, accessibility, centralized locations, convenience, and staffing availability. Given these factors, the following branch lobby locations were chosen:
The following locations will have lobby hours:
- Uptown Branch, Louisiana and Indian School NE
- Cottonwood Branch, Coors and Seven Bar Loop NW
- Paseo del Norte Branch, Paseo del Norte and Barstow NE
- Ladera Branch, Coors and Redlands Rd NW
- South Valley Branch, Coors and Rio Bravo SW
- Valencia Branch, Main Street and Luna, Los Lunas
- St. Michaels Branch, St. Michaels and Llano, Santa Fe
- Socorro Branch, California and Francisco De Avondo
- Taos Branch, Paseo Del Pueblo Sur and La Posta
- University Branch, Lomas and University Blvd. NE
- Juan Tabo Branch, Juan Tabo Blvd. and Candelaria NE
- North Valley Branch, 4th Street NW and Guadalupe Plaza
- Montgomery Branch, Montgomery Blvd. and Pennsylvania NE
- Enchanted Hills Branch, Enchanted Hills Blvd. and Hwy 528
As public health orders change and as the situation improves, we aim to continue to open more branch lobbies based on employee availability, safety requirements, and location convenience for as many members as possible. You can learn about these reopenings through emails, on nusenda.org, and through our social media channels.
Why isn’t my branch lobby open?
Several factors were considered when choosing to open select branch lobbies — safety, accessibility, member convenience, and staff availability, for example. As public health orders change and as the situation improves throughout the state, we aim to continue to open more branch lobbies. While you may have to travel to a different location until we are able to see you at your favorite branch, rest assured that you’ll still receive the same friendly and helpful service. We look forward to serving you!
Can I still do my banking online or by phone?
Yes! In fact, we encourage you to continue using our contactless services including Mobile and Internet Banking, automated telephone or text banking, secure messages or chat, phone appointments with a Financial Consultant, and ATM or Video Teller services.
What transactions can I complete by telephone appointment?
You can complete the following transactions through a Phone Appointment:
- Ask general account questions.
- Establish automatic transfers, payments, and direct deposits.
- Request a stop payment for Bonded (Cashier’s) Checks.
- Complete a fraud or forgery claim on a deposit account.
- Submit a transaction dispute on a deposit account.
- Savings bond redemption: you will need to complete the bonds, determine pay out method, and drop off at drive-up or bring into a lobby. A Financial Consultant will follow up when these steps are completed.
- Open an account: this service is available for existing members. If you are a new member, you will need to apply online or in a branch lobby.
- Instant issue/card replacement (credit/debit): you will need to choose your preferred branch. A Financial Consultant will print the card and deliver to you via the drive-up or you can come into a branch lobby.
- Account maintenance.
- Open Individual Retirement Accounts.
- Apply for a loan.
- Send and receive wire transfers:
- Domestic — you do not need to schedule a telephone appointment with a Financial Consultant, just contact us at 889-7755 (800-347-2838 outside the Albuquerque area).
- International — you will need to make a telephone with a Financial Consultant. You may be asked to come to your preferred branch to sign the wire from and provide identification. Pick up a Credit Union document (license plate, checks, etc.).
- Pick up a Credit Union document (license plate, checks, etc.)
- Close on a loan.
What can I do in a drive-up?
Our drive-up locations are open during regular business hours and these services continue to be available:
- Cash advances
- Bonded checks
- Statement copies
- Temporary checks
- Non-member check cashing (on-us checks): will require management approval, valid ID required, second form of ID requested for checks over $1000.
When will you be opening more branch lobbies?
At this time, we aren’t able to share when more branch lobbies will open. It will depend on public health orders, and only when we can guarantee the safety of our employees and our members. When we’re able to do so, we will announce reopenings by email, in Mobile and Internet Banking, on nusenda.org, and on our social media channels.
How can I access my account or deposit funds without going into a branch?
We have implemented a comprehensive plan to provide uninterrupted access to your funds. Our service capabilities at our drive-ups have been expanded, and we are offering telephone appointments with Financial Consultants. The Call Center is also available to serve you.
- Financial Consultants are available by phone Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Our drive-up services are available (see extended hours below via Video Teller) Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Our Video Teller services are available for extended hours Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Our Call Center is available Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- You can also access your accounts 24/7 through Mobile and Internet Banking services or at an ATM.
I own a business. Can I go through the drive-up to get change and make deposits?
You may use the drive-up to make deposits for your business. Unfortunately, we are unable to exchange bulk coin for cash or deposit in the drive-up. Rolled coin requests can be fulfilled at branches with drive-up drawers, including Cottonwood, Paseo, North Valley, St. Michaels, Ladera, South Valley, and Valencia. You can also visit the branch lobbies at St. Michaels, Taos, Socorro, Valencia, Paseo, Uptown, Cottonwood, Ladera, South Valley, University, Juan Tabo, North Valley, Montgomery, and Enchanted Hills to get change.
Is there a limit on cash withdrawals at the Drive-Up?
Yes, anything over $10,000 requires a written cash order request with advance notice. You can also visit a branch lobby to withdraw cash over $10,000.
What should I do if I need to close a loan?
You can make an appointment to speak with a Financial Consultant, who will transmit documents electronically. You can also visit the branch lobbies at St. Michaels, Taos, Socorro, Valencia, Paseo, Uptown, Cottonwood, Ladera, South Valley, University, Juan Tabo, North Valley, Montgomery, and Enchanted Hills to close your loan.
I lost my job/got laid off. How can you help me?
We are here to assist you with your banking needs. Please contact us at 889-7755 (800-347-2838 outside the Albuquerque area) or make an appointment to speak with a Financial Consultant.
How do I avoid COVID-19 email scams?
Be skeptical about any unsolicited emails you receive during this time regarding the coronavirus. For more information on avoiding fraud, please see our security alerts page.
Are my finances secure at the credit union?
Yes, your deposits are safe at Nusenda — insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government through the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
Your Credit Union continues to remain safe and sound; in its latest rating, we again received the highest five-star rating from BauerFinancial Inc., the nation's most well-respected independent rating service for banks and credit unions.
As a member-owned, not-for-profit cooperative, we do not invest in risky securities. Instead, we make sensible loans to qualified borrowers, and we manage our operations conservatively and responsibly in the best interest of our members.
What precautions are you taking physically?
We are working to create a safe environment for our members and employees. We are following the CDC recommendations for preventing the spread of this and other infectious viruses. We have instituted a framework that allows employees to work remotely and have instructed staff to self-quarantine if they have traveled to a high-risk area, are feeling ill, or are exposed to anyone with symptoms. Learn more about Nusenda’s COVID-19 safety and service commitment here.
Can I complete any transaction in the Drive-Up right now?
You will need to visit a lobby for the following services:
- Shared Branching
- Gift Cards
- Rolled Coin Requests*
- Coin Exchange
- Coin machine
- Medallion Stamp/Signature Guarantee
- Opening a Business Membership
- Opening a Fiduciary (Special) Account
Nusenda Credit Union remains as focused as ever on serving your financial needs. We look forward to being of service to you during this challenging time.
* Rolled coin requests can be granted at branches with drive-up drawers, including Cottonwood, Paseo, North Valley, St. Michaels, Ladera, South Valley, and Valencia. Note: Rolled coin cannot be sent in a drive-up tube.