Coronavirus (COVID-19) FAQs
Why did you close some branches and lobbies?
To keep our community safe, and to aid in slowing the spread of COVID-19 we have temporarily closed lobbies. We can still support members needs through our drive-ups, Video Tellers, telephone appointments scheduled at nusenda.org, mobile and internet banking, or through our Contact Center. Nusenda’s number one priority is to ensure the health and safety of our members, employees and community.
Are your branches still open?
Currently all Nusenda Credit Union Branch lobbies are closed. However, service is available at our drive-ups, Call Center, and by telephone appointments with Financial Consultants during normal business hours. We are adding Saturday drive-up services at Juan Tabo and University branches, effective Dec. 5, 2020. Click here to see branch availabilities.
How can I access my account or deposit funds without going into a branch?
We have implemented a comprehensive plan to provide uninterrupted access to your funds. Our service capabilities at our drive-ups have been expanded, and we are offering telephone appointment with Financial Consultants. The Call Center is also available to serve you.
- Financial Consultants are available by phone Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Our drive-up services are available (see extended hours below via Video Teller) Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Our Video Teller services are available for extended hours Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Our Call Center is available Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- You can also access your accounts 24/7 through Mobile and Internet Banking services or at an ATM.
I own a business. Can I go through the drive-up to get change and make deposits?
You may use the drive-up to make deposits for your business. Unfortunately, we are unable to exchange bulk coin for cash or deposit at this time. You can request various denominations of currency, however, drive-up cannot accept or dispense loose or rolled coin. Rolled coin requests can be fulfilled at branches with drive-up drawers, including Cottonwood, Paseo, North Valley, St. Michael’s, Ladera, South Valley, and Valencia.
Can I still withdraw cash?
Yes, cash withdrawals can be done via drive-up, Video Tellers, and at CU Anytime ATM locations.
Is there a limit on cash withdrawals at the Drive-Up?
Yes, anything over $10,000 requires a written cash order request with advance notice.
What should I do if I need to close a loan?
You can make an appointment to speak with a Financial Consultant, who will transmit documents electronically.
I lost my job/got laid off. How can you help me?
We are here to assist you with your banking needs. Please contact us at 889-7755 (800-347-2838 outside the Albuquerque area) or make an appointment to speak with a Financial Consultant.
How do I avoid COVID-19 email scams?
Be skeptical about any unsolicited emails you receive during this time regarding the coronavirus. For more information on avoiding fraud, please see our security alerts page.
Are my finances secure at the credit union?
Yes, your deposits are safe at Nusenda – insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government through the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
Your Credit Union continues to remain safe and sound; in its latest rating, we again received the highest five-star rating from BauerFinancial Inc., the nation's most well-respected independent rating service for banks and credit unions.
As a member-owned, not-for-profit cooperative, we do not invest in risky securities. Instead, we make sensible loans to qualified borrowers, and we manage our operations conservatively and responsibly in the best interest of our members.
If you would like to discuss your needs with a Financial Consultant, make an appointment. Thank you for your continued membership.
What precautions are you taking physically?
We are working to create a safe environment for our members and employees. We are following the CDC recommendations for preventing the spread of this and other infectious viruses. We have instituted a framework that allows employees to work remotely and have instructed staff to self-quarantine if they have traveled to a high-risk area, are feeling ill, or are exposed to anyone with symptoms.
Can I complete any transaction in the Drive-Up right now?
You will need to wait until lobbies are open for the following services:
- Shared Branching
- Gift Cards
- Rolled Coin Requests*
- Coin Exchange
- Coin machine
- Medallion Stamp/Signature Guarantee
- Opening a Business Membership
- Opening a Fiduciary (Special) Account
Nusenda Credit Union remains focused as ever on serving your financial needs. We look forward to being of service to you during this challenging time.
*Rolled coin requests can be granted at branches with drive-up drawers, including Cottonwood, Paseo, North Valley, St. Michael’s, Ladera, South Valley, and Valencia. NOTE: Rolled coin should NEVER be sent in drive up tube.
What transactions are available through Drive-Up?
- Cash Advances
- Bonded (Cashier's) Checks
- Statement Copies
- Temporary Checks
- Non-Member Check Cashing (on-us checks): Will require management approval, valid ID required, second form of ID requested for checks over $1000.
What transactions cam I complete by telephone appointment?
You can complete the following transactions through a Phone Appointment:
- Ask general account questions
- Establish automatic transfers, payments, and direct deposits
- Request a stop payment for Bonded (Cashier’s) Checks
- Complete a fraud or forgery claim on deposit account
- Submit a transaction dispute on a deposit account
- Savings bond redemption: you will need to complete the bonds, determine pay out method, and drop off at drive-up. A Financial Consultant will follow up when these steps are completed.
- Open an account: this service is available for existing members. If you are a new member, you will need to apply at Nusenda.org.
- Instant issue/card replacement (credit/debit): you will need to choose your preferred branch. A Financial Consultant will print the card and deliver to you via the drive-up.
Open Individual Retirement Accounts
Apply for a loan
- Send and receive wire transfers:
- Domestic – you do not need to schedule a telephone appointment with a Financial Consultant, just contact us at 889-7755 (800-347-2838 outside the Albuquerque area).
- International – you will need to make a telephone with a Financial Consultant. You may be asked to come to your preferred branch to sign the wire from and provide identification. Pick up a Credit Union document (license plate, checks, etc.)
- Pick up a Credit Union document (license plate, checks, etc.)
- Close on a loan
- Home Equity Loan/HELOC Closing: Will need to schedule an appointment prior
- Safe Deposit Box: Access existing box