February 2, 2023 -
Nusenda opens applications for 2023 Financial Education Innovation Awards
Albuquerque, N.M. – For the sixth straight year, Nusenda Credit Union has received the New Mexico Family Friendly Business Award by Family Friendly New Mexico for its best-in-class workplace policies.
The Credit Union earned “platinum level” distinction based on high scores for paid leave, health and wellness support, flexible work schedules, economic support, pay equity, community investment, and diversity and inclusion initiatives for employees.
“At Nusenda Credit Union we believe that truly happy and healthy employees can best take care of our members and our community,” said Nusenda’s Executive Vice President of Operations Michelle Dearholt. “We are proud to be recognized for our holistic, award-winning employee programs and inclusive work environments that help make us a Top Workplace in New Mexico and nationally.”
The Family Friendly New Mexico initiative provides training, support, and various resources to businesses on how to implement family-friendly policies. In addition, the organization provides recognition to companies that offer these great benefits and offers toolkits and peer support for businesses and community leaders.
Nusenda Credit Union’s family-friendly policies and benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for the employee and family members at gold-level health reform standards; as well as “MD Live” telemedicine, which allows employees and family members to speak with local, board-certified doctors by video or phone 24/7
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts; HSAs come with employer-provided financial contributions
- No-cost wellness and employee assistance programs and on-site fitness center
- Lifestyle reimbursement and employee hardship grant programs
- 100% employer-paid life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and accidental death/dismemberment insurance
- Immediate Personal Time Off accruals from the first day of hire, ten paid holidays annually, and paid birthday leave, as well as critical illness, bereavement, jury/voting, and medical leave.
- Immediate Wellness Time Off accruals from the first day of hire, up to 64 hours annually
- Hybrid and fully remote working options, technology reimbursement, and flexible scheduling for parents and caretakers
- Tuition reimbursement for full- and part-time employees, as well as computer and clothing assistance
- Free, on-site and online personal development training classes and programs, as well as career-path counseling
- Employee Development Events featuring renowned speakers on topics of personal and professional growth
- 401(k), employer-matched retirement plans, plus a 100% employer-paid pension plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Family-friendly and fun holiday parties, group picnics, and more.
To learn more about Nusenda’s family-friendly benefits and employment opportunities, visit https://www.nusenda.org/about/careers.
About Nusenda Credit Union
Nusenda Credit Union is New Mexico’s largest locally owned and operated credit union with more than 250,000 members and over 700 employees. It has more than 20 branches throughout New Mexico in Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, Santa Fe, Taos, Valencia County, Socorro, and Las Cruces. There are hundreds of ways to join the credit union. Connect with Nusenda Credit Union at www.nusenda.org; Facebook @NusendaCU; Twitter @NusendaCU; and LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/nusenda-credit-union.
Insured by NCUA | Equal Opportunity Lender
Media Contact: Eric Harrison, (505) 610-0419 or [email protected]