Branch lobbies closed until further notice; drive-up, call center, and phone appointment times expanded; member assistance programs activated
In light of recent events in New Mexico regarding the coronavirus, Nusenda Credit Union leadership announced today that its branch lobbies will be closed to general member traffic beginning Friday, March 20. To continue providing vital banking services
to its more than 210,000 members, the credit union will be expanding operating hours at its drive-ups, Call Center, and phone appointments with Financial Consultants. It has also launched a series of assistance programs for those affected by the outbreak.
“With new public safety measures being put into place by federal, state, and local authorities, and in alignment with Governor Lujan Grisham’s COVID-19 business directives, we have made this difficult decision to close our lobbies to general traffic until further notice,” said Nusenda President/CEO Joe Christian. “We have made changes to our member service experience that take into account the health and well-being of our members, employees, and the communities we serve; yet provide the unparalleled service our members have come to expect.”
Beginning March 20, the credit union will:
- Keep drive-up services open, plus extend normal operating hours for some locations. Members can receive service in Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, Santa Fe, Taos, and Los Lunas from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Ensure that Financial Consultants in Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, Santa Fe, and Los Lunas will be available by phone from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays. Taos and Socorro Financial Consultants will be available
by phone from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Fridays.
- Expand hours for the call center and secure chat assistance — members can receive service from 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Allow members to visit Nusenda.org and schedule telephone appointments with Financial Consultants who can help one-on-one with unique banking needs and provide guidance and expertise in financial well-being.
- Allow members to visit Nusenda.org and schedule telephone appointments with mortgage and home equity departments.
- Provide safe deposit box access by appointment only.
- No longer charge a fee when members use another financial institution’s ATM (does not apply to ATM operator fees).
Members can also access their accounts safely and securely by using Nusenda’s Mobile and Internet Banking services, where they have 24/7 access to transfer money, pay bills, and deposit checks. ATMs are also available anytime.
Members who are financially impacted by the coronavirus outbreak can count on support from Nusenda in a variety of ways:
- Skip-a-payment for credit cards: Affected members can skip their April payment on Nusenda credit cards.
- Payment deferrals on auto, personal, and equity loans: Members can contact the credit union for payment relief on these Nusenda loans.
- Member Assistance Loan: Members who qualify can take out a temporary 0% relief loan to help weather the financial burden of missing work or needing extra supplies at this time. Some restrictions apply; members can contact the credit
union for more information.
- Mortgage Assistance: If members are having difficulty paying their monthly mortgage, they can contact Nusenda at 877-827-0554 to discuss solutions.
For the most up-to-date information, visit nusenda.org/coronavirus, or follow Nusenda on Facebook (@nusendaCU),
Twitter (@NusendaCU), and LinkedIn