We want New Mexico to be a place with ample economic opportunity — a place where everyone has a fair and equitable chance to succeed. We understand this is not the reality for everyone in our state, which is why we’re dedicated to providing products and investing in programs that work to address economic insecurity in New Mexico.
We support organizations and programs that foster economic opportunity, including:
- Santa Fe Business Incubator — With the support of Nusenda, the Santa Fe Business Incubator provides critical infrastructure, advice, and training for startup companies. Many of these businesses provide essential services and new jobs.
- WESST — Nusenda supports WESST’s La Escalera program, enabling WESST to serve Spanish-speaking entrepreneurs.
- Homewise — In partnership with McCune Charitable Foundation and others, Nusenda supports Homewise in its pursuit to improve the affordable housing landscape in Santa Fe.
An estimated 46% of New Mexico households cannot cover basic living expenses after a financial or medical emergency. Additionally, 22% of New Mexico households may have a checking or saving account, but do not have access to traditional financial services or loans.
In addition, differences in sex, gender, race, ethnicity, cultural identity, and nationality further compound economic inequities. We envision a future where all New Mexicans, especially the most vulnerable, have the economic opportunities they need to thrive.
In 2020, Nusenda actively helped the community by:
- Saving member households an average of $430, for a total $48.6 million in direct financial benefit.
- Helping local businesses keep more than 6,800 New Mexicans employed through $52 million in Nusenda-issued PPP loans.
- Donating almost $1.3 million to communities and people across the state.