Earn Community Rewards
Why Choose Signature?
There are several excellent reasons to sign for purchases with your Visa debit card:
- You benefit financially from the Community Rewards program, and the community of your choice benefits from matching financial support from your credit union.*
- You can watch your Community Rewards grow with our NEW Mobile and Internet Banking tool that details your transactions, if they have qualified, and how much you have earned for the year.
- Your purchase will be identified in detail, online, by the name of the merchant, the city and state on your transaction records.
- You will be protected by Visa's Zero Liability Policy.
Top Three Ways to Make Your Signature Transaction Count Towards Community Rewards
- Choosing signature and bypassing PIN
Each time you pay for a purchase, select the signature option. The signature option on point-of-sale machines will differ based on the merchant. Some will offer a credit button and on others you must select the green enter, yellow return, or red cancel button to sign for your purchase. The simplest way to find out if you are selecting the credit/signature option is to ask the merchant how to sign for your transaction.
- Paying with your digital wallet
If you prefer to use your digital wallet to pay, you can still earn Community Rewards. Simply choose the signature option when making your purchase using Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay.
- Online purchases
You can add or manage your Nusenda Visa credit or debit cards in your Amazon.com account by following these steps.
And remember, to earn Community Rewards, you need 10 or more signature-based purchases in a month.
Still have questions?
See how we've answered some other commonly asked questions.
Non-profits: Apply to Become a Beneficiary
Do you work for or know of an organization that would like to become a beneficiary of our Community Rewards program? To be considered, your organization must provide services in one of the five focus areas mentioned above, in one of the following areas:
- Northern, NM
- Central, NM
- Southern, NM
To find out if your organization qualifies for Community Rewards beneficiary support, visit the Nusenda Foundation website for full details and instructions.
* Minimum Purchases per Month: Once signed up, to be eligible for Community Rewards in a month, 10 or more signature-based transactions must be completed during that month.
While it is the intent of Nusenda Credit Union to pay Community Rewards every year, the program is subject to cancellation or change at any time, without notice.
The Community Rewards Program runs annually from January through December. Community Rewards are earned on a monthly basis for qualifying transactions and, when paid, are awarded in January. All signature-based transactions count toward Community Rewards to non-profits, regardless if the minimum qualifying transactions are met per month. Nusenda typically distributes at least $500,000 per year to community organizations.